jump to navigation

Democrats aren’t much better October 13, 2018

Posted by hslu in Congress, 美國, Economics, Election, Politics, Retirement, Trump, US Government.
Tags: , , , ,
add a comment

http://flip.it/CU0Z5W

Most Americans are screwed no matter which party is in power.

Republican’s tax cuts are extremely good for the top 1%. The other 99% won’t get much. The U.S. is saddled with a bigger deficit and a accelerating national debt it has no way of paying it off.

Democrats like to tax and spend. Higher taxes reduce Americans’ take home pay. It’s bad. Bigger government spending increases deficit and national debt. It’s insane.

Yes, I agree that without doing something on the entitlements, America is screwed. Reducing welfare benefits, seniors and poor Americans are doomed. Letting welfare benefits grow like they have been in the past, the middle class will see a bigger portion of their income goes to others who can’t support themselves. The top 1% won’t feel a thing.

Either way you look, America is doomed.

No matter which party is in charge, poor Americans will be poorer.

The middle class will continue to pay.

But, the top 1% are untouchable. They’ve been laughing to the banks. They will keep donating to the Democrats and Republicans and claim tax deductions to lower their income taxes. Life is peachy for them thanks to the Democrats and Republicans.

The top 1% have recovered, have you? September 13, 2013

Posted by hslu in Economics, stocks.
Tags: ,
add a comment

What financial crisis? Didn’t you see the Dow Jones Industrial is only 1.8% from the all time high? Didn’t you hear that the real estate markets in NY and CA have been bid up to the highest level ever?

Yes, the recovery is for real for the top 1%: their stock investments have gone up to the pre financial crisis level; their real estate properties just sold for more than they have asked for; their businesses are booming and their salaries, bonuses and stock options have shot up through the roof. Yes, thank you very much, life has never been better for them.

Have your lives recovered from the ruins? Have your financial situations recovered from the damages done by the very same top 1%?

Probably not.

%d bloggers like this: