Ryan and Trump should read this March 31, 2017Posted by hslu in Economics, Health Insurance, Trump.
Tags: CBO, health insurance reform, Newt Gingrich
The road ahead for health care reform in the U.S. is treacherous and filled with many obstacles. The process outlined by Newt Gingrich is a good one: sensible, pragmatic, comprehensive and well-thought-out.
The reasons are simple:
- No one in the Beltway wants to touch it with a 10-foot pole.
- Whoever brave enough to bring this subject back will lose his seat in 2018 or 2020.
- Republican’s margin in Senate before 2018 is too small even if a bill passes the House.
- Trump won’t understand it because it is much more complicated than building an apartment building.
- Trump has no vision to see the forest. He can’t handle the details.
- It takes more than 140 characters to get the points cross.
- American people don’t have the patient nor the stamina to follow it through. They care about the results only; not the process.
- Democrats will do their darnedest to block the legislature in the Congress.
- Republican will lose the control of Senate to a united Democrat Party in 2018.
- People work in The Congressional Budget Office don’t like Trump. It will come up with a number that will make the bill, any health insurance reform bill, look bad.