Do you know what these federal agencies do March 17, 2017Posted by hslu in 美國, Debt and deficit, Trump, US Government.
Tags: Trump 2018 budget, US National Debt
If Trump gets what he wants, these 19 federal agencies will be eliminated in 2018. Have you heard of them and do you know what they do?
Here is the list of agencies which are on the chopping block and how much each of them costs American tax payers in 2017.
Source: Yahoo news.
- African Development Foundation; $28.2 million
- Appalachian Regional Commission; $120 million
- Chemical Safety Board; $12.4 million
- Corporation for National and Community Service; $1.1 billion
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting; $445 million
- Delta Regional Authority; $15.9 million
- Denali Commission; $19 million
- Institute of Museum and Library Services; $230 million
- Inter-American Foundation; $22.2 million
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency; $80.7 million
- Legal Services Corporation; $502.7 million
- National Endowment for the Arts; $149.8 million
- National Endowment for the Humanities; $149.8 million
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation; $140 million
- Northern Border Regional Commission; $5 million
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation; Self-sustaining
- U.S. Institute of Peace; $37.9 million
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness; $3.6 million
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; $10.4 million
Total amount eliminated: $3.07 billion.
Is it enough? Hmm…. It’s less than 0.6% of the estimated federal deficit for FY 2018.
Looks like that we need to get rid of a lot more than 19.
- FY 2016 Federal deficit: $587 billion (actual)
- FY 2017 Federal deficit: 504 billion (estimate)
- National debt: $19.9 trillion (estimate)