Hold me Accountable October 31, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Obama, Obamacare, Politics.
Tags: ACA, Democracy, Obama, Obamashame, Sebilius
add a comment
In the US federal government, “hold me accountable” means lateral transfer to another job and then get a promotion a few months later. It also means that the person was instructed to take the heat from the opposition, i.e., the Republicans, and do everything he or she can to protect the president at all cost.
Sebelius declared at Congressional testimony that she’s the one to blame and, reading between lines, Obama is not to be touched.
She was embarrassed in public for one day but she became the hero in the Democrat Party and the White House because she did her job at protecting Obama. There was no demotion. There was no salary cuts. There is no firing from her job. There is no elimination of her pensions. There is no punishment at all.
As such she’ll have the full confidence of the president and will stay in her job because no one can touch her. Republicans can say whatever they want, they have no say at all.
This is what “hold me accountable” mean in the US Federal Government.
What can we concerned citizens do under the democracy system?
Nothing! Nothing at all!
You are told that you have to wait 4 years until the next election cycle. American people get to exercise their scared “rights” and elect the next president, Congresspersons and Senators. Well, only about 55% of all eligible voters vote and a little more than 50% of the votes had put Obama back to the White House: that’s less than 30% of American people dictates the direction of the government of the US in the next 2 and 4 years.
That is scary!
This is what American people are overwhelmingly proud of: Democracy. The liberals think this is the Holy Grail of governing!
I say that “It is a joke!”
Democracy is broken in the US!
40 to 67% October 30, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Health Insurance, Obama, Obamacare, Taxes.
Tags: Health Insurance, Health Insurance premium, Insurance, Obama, ObamaCare, Obamashame, Santa Claus
add a comment
Obama knew this set of percentages before hand; 40% and 67%, but he kept lying about it:
- In 2007, Obama said:” if you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums.” “That will be less.”
- In 2007, Obama said: “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law ….. that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”
- In 2009, Obama said that: “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.
- In 2009, Obama also said: “If you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
- In 2012, Obama said: “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”
- In 2012, Obama said that: “If you already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance.”
Yet, Obama and his administration knew all along that between 40 and 67% of people who have their own insurance will lose their insurance once Obamashame becomes law, according to a NBC investigation report.
Of course, Obama and his cronies made the law like this so that more people have to sign on to Obamashame or they have to pay a fine or a tax based on Roberts.
In essence, it was designed to be this way.
American politicians, starting from Obama, lie to American people but sadly they are not accountable for their lies. Obama lied on Obamashame and by all account, Obama will get away from it.
This is democracy and American people fall for it. For whatever reason that I didn’t understand, American dutifully kept sending their lying congressperson back to the Congress every two years.
That’s why the Congress has an approval rating of around 10% but almost 90% of all current Congressperson got re-elected. They were judged by how much pork (money paid by other middle class people) they could bring home. Not by how many times they lied.
马英九 can teach Obama a Lesson October 23, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Global Affair, Obama, Obamacare, Politics, Taiwan.
Tags: Americans, Anthony Weiner, Barack Obama, Democratic, 马英九, Japan Nation Party, Obama, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, United States, 国民党, 民进党
add a comment
Of course, 马英九 can learn something from Obama too.
From 马英九 to Obama:
- Bow to American citizens on national TV for lying to American people on everything he said on Obamacare such as cheaper by $2,500 for everyone, keep you doctor if you want to and stay with the same insurance company if you so desire. He should admit that Obamacare the product has officially changed to Obamashame.
- Obama then should formed an independent but Democratic leaning committee to investigate who did what wrong; starting from Obama all the way down to project engineers and software engineers.. Obama should then set the records straight on national TV and tells American people what Obamashame really is.
- Obama should fire Sibelius for utterly incompetency and lie to the Congress.
- Obama should at Sibelius’s farewell party praise her for her loyalty and for taking the heat and protect Obama from being the target of the criticism.
- Fire everyone involved in this project starting from the government liaison to the contractors, his or her bosses, project engineers, project managers, section managers and division managers. Take out their retirement benefits and ask them pay for the damage too.
马英九 can learn these from Obama:
- Never bow to Taiwanese people on national TV. Once you bow, you are telling others that this was my fault. The case in point: Army corporal 洪仲丘 was tortured to death while serving his duty in July 2013. Someone else did it. Not 马英九.
- Don’t admit any mistake. 死不认账也 because once 马英九 admit he made a mistake, 马英九 will then own the hot potato and he’ll instantly become the target for 民进党。马英九 will 吃不完兜着走。
- 马英九 should go on national TV and start doing his best to preach the idea, sell the products or explain the idea to Taiwanese people. Remember your target audience is the ones who are on the other side of the fence; i.e., 民进党。
- Holding back on firing anyone in your party until it becomes necessary. Let your subordinates defend their positions until it requires your attention. You don;t have to everything yourself.
- Start focusing on something else. Have your spokesperson say that you will be on vacation, play golf, fly to South America or Africa on an unexpected visit.
- Tell Taiwanese people that your idea is the best one government has come up with. Tell them once. Tell them twice. Tell them three times. Have you people go on national TV too. After you tell them a thousand times, it will be a good idea. Lie if you have to. Obama did it all the time. Many, not all, liberals in America are very gullible. They don’t think. They follow because they are blind to the facts. Taiwanese people maybe like them too.
Now, this is what 国民党 and every 国民党员 can learn from the Democrats:
Democrats circle the wagon to protect their own; be it Obama, Obamashame, Sibelius, Dodd, Frank or Rangel. Until the last minute: such as Anthony Weiner of NY. Democrat is united. This is why they defeated Republicans all the time.
Of course, Republicans are fighting a losing battle because the liberal media, such as CNN, NYT, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, is not on their sides. Not even once.
Above all, when chief justice Roberts is on Obama’s side, misguided he maybe, Obama got it made. Period.
Poor 马英九，he always end up as 众矢之的 when someone else made The mistake。
Obamashame October 22, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Health Insurance, Obama, Obamacare.
Tags: Obama, ObamaCare, Obamashame
add a comment
Obamacare just changed to Obamashame. The PRRDUCT is not good. The PRODUCT is not affordable. Many doctors will not take Obamashame because it doesn’t pay them enough.
Obamashame is a PRODUCT which shows American people just how incompetent the US government really is no matter what the snake oil salesman trying to tell you yesterday.
October 16, 2013 – Point of No Return October 16, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Economics, Energy, Global Affair, Health Insurance, Military, Obamacare, Oil, Politics, Taxes.
Tags: Congress, Conservatives, Democratic Party (United States), Democrats, government debt, reserve currency, Shale gas, Shale Oil, Trade deficit, United States, United States Congress
add a comment
The war against big government in the United States was lost today. Conservatives are defeated. They are out-numbered. America will collectively pick up its steps toward a big and socialist government for decades to come. Obamacare will be even more difficult to repeal, Democrats will rule the Congress and national debt will pile up year after year until the entire nation is crushed under its weight with no means to ever pay for it.
The fundamental problem is this:
Democrats are like Santa Claus; they pass out free gifts to Americans every month of every year. The majority of Americans like handouts and they will keep Democrats in power. They do not care whether the nation can afford it or not. Everyone wants to have a piece of the pie and they will leave someone else to pay for it.
The surge of shale oil and shale gas productions will delay the day of reckoning because the way America goes about it is like someone is spending his or her inheritance money. The domestic productions will reduce trade deficits, stimulate the economy and help with taxes. Once the inheritance money starts to run out in 10 to 15 years as shale oil productions peak, the rapid build up of national debt will continue and the United States will forever pay a larger share of its taxes to service the debt.
If the status of the reserve currency of the green back is in doubt, which will come someday as other nations lost confidence in US’s ability to pay back its debt, the death knell will sound and the empire will fade away along with its 10 air carriers floating in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
The drama has begun. It can not be stopped. It has reached to the point of no return.
The date is October 16, 2013. This is the day the Conservatives are marginalized.
Obama and big government win.
When politicians lie and mislead October 9, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Economics, Health Insurance, Muslim, Obamacare, Politics, Small Business, Taxes.
Tags: Health Insurance, Health insurance exchange, Obama, ObamaCare, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Tea Party, 因果, 一报换一报, 不是不报只是时辰未到
add a comment
Obama on June 5, 2008 promised that he will put in place a health care program in his first term and it will: “ lower (health insurance) premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year…”
Are US voters so shorted sighted or are they too gullible to believe something thing like this?
This was kind of misleading information and empty promises candidates will say and hope someone will vote for him or her.
People who voted for him will suffer the consequence of their action by paying a higher premium and possibly a smaller paycheck because their hours have been cut to 29 hours per week.
Do you know why companies got a one-year delay to pay for their employees’ insurance; itself illegal because the original law didn’t authorize this?
And do you know why individual mandate is not delayed?
I tell you why:
Companies have one more year to dump their employees from companies’ health insurance plan so that these people have to sign up with the exchanges if they don’t want to pay for the find.
The twenty-something will wait and probably pay the fine because it is much cheaper to do so. They are healthy. They don’t need health insurance. They also know that once they sign up with the government, they will in essence subsidize sick people’s insurance and insurances of those with preexisting conditions – a reverse wealth distribution scheme, if you will.
I am sorry, it is not a fine. it is a tax as defined不 by the Supreme Court and the Chief Justice Roberts; a huge mistake by Bush.
You may not know it but the seeds have been sowed: the seeds to accelerate the decline of the United States and the once all mighty country will eventually become a second tier nation.
The reason is very simple: the US has suffered two heavy punches since 2011: the first punch was 9-11 and the second punch was Obamacare. The results are two new taxes that the country will pay forever. Unfortunately, these taxes are burdens to the businesses and people alike.
Well, Chinese keeps telling people that:
因：Many people voted for Obama; some twice;
果：The United States was pushed to the left by Obama and Democrats.
果：A socialist country is forming fast and the inefficiency of anything government will soon show up in Obamacare. Cost overrun will happen just like what’s going on with Medicare and Medicaid. Quality of health care will suffer. Rational for seniors, say 85 and up, may become the norm. Research in medicine and medical instruments may suffer because government will limit how much the drug and medical instrument companies can make.
Talk about government inefficiency: after three years to get the exchanges open, people are still having difficulty signing up and buying insurance. These people have been waiting because they couldn’t get insurance before either they were too sick or too poor.
We will see how it goes;
I will keep an eye on Obamacare because I may be affected by the exchange in ways I may not know until it is too late.
The younger generation will have to pay for it in the form of higher taxes to keep Obamacare going. Remember, there are 47% of Americans who do not pay any federal taxes. Some of them will even get subsidizes from the federal government to pay for their health insurance premium, You know where that is from, don;t you?
Are you kidding me? October 8, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Economics, jobs, Politics.
Tags: CNBC, Government shutdown
add a comment
Tge headline reads: Government workers the real victims of shutdown”
Give me a break, please.
They are taking a paid vacation now. They will get paid once they go back to work. 100%. Not a penny less.
The middle class families are the real victims. They earn their money the old fashioned way but they paid their taxes through the nose without a break. They are supporting the bottom 47% all the time and almost all tax breaks were taken away from them.
They are paying for the government workers too and they are having a great time of their lives now: in the coach and watching TV.
动荡不安的时代 October 8, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Economics, Global Affair, Islam, Military, Politics.
Tags: 经济, 经济危机, 美国, 间谍, 资本主义, 军事, 世界动荡
add a comment
九一一以後, 美国的海外基地和它的人民成为世界上回教激进份子攻击的目标。美国为了保护自己的国土花了好几兆美金巩固自己的国防, 建立规模庞大的国安机构, 还窃听国内 和国外的电话与电邮。美国也前後派了几十万的美国大兵攻打伊拉克和阿富汗。打完仗後, 在伊拉克和阿富汗各设立了一个倾向美国的政府, 花了大把美国人民纳税的银子和钞票给这两个国家建医院, 盖学校, 修电厂, 建水厂和许许多多公共设施: 修桥, 铺路, 盖房子等等。光是在伊拉克就花了六百亿美元。花在阿富汗的更多:超过一千亿美元。
Source: Face the Facts, USA
这还不够, 美国又再派兵教这两个国家的士兵好让他们可以自己保护他们的国家。在这时, 美国又到处派无人飞机用飞弹到处去打回教的激进份子, 同时也误伤了数不尽无辜的老百姓。到头来恨美国的回教人越来越多而回教的激进份子仍然横行无阻。美国在明他们在暗。他们跟美国士兵打游击战, 美国兵防不胜防也实在头痛。还真不知道多少冤枉的美国教官死个在阿富汗的士兵手里呢。
美国在过去但六, 七十年里用它超强的军队, 进步的技朮, 强大的经济, 用不完的美钞和无所不及的间谍组织在世界各地干涉其他国家的内政, 推翻这些国家反美的政府, 另外制造一个倾向美国的新政府。如果秘密进行的行动无法达成美国预期的目的, 美国就藉维护美国的安全为由发动战争侵略这些国家杀掉这些国家的元首公开的推翻这些国家的政府重新制造一个新的国家。可是美国这种无法无天的行为却往往造成严重的反效果使得世界上许多人都痛恨美国的行为。
反观那百分之五的有钱人, 例如美国华尔街的金融大亨和银行的大官董事, 他们的资产随着热钱流窜到全世界各处投资, 世界经济萧条反而使他们更加富有。到现在五年过去了, 美国和全世界是”穷者越穷富者越富。”
可是, 美国的中产阶级却一天比一天少, 低产阶级的人越来越多。靠政府救济的人更是数不胜数。美国外强中乾, 举债越来越多而发行的钞票更是无法计算。这种从来没有执行过的经济实验更可能会带来无法计算和预期的後果。
可是, 美国政府, 美国国会以及美国银行和商界却没有任何人因为他们制造出来的经济危机而受到惩罚或赔赏。这些人能力不够, 没有良心, 不负责任却依然在他们原来的位置上高谈阔論实在是没有一点羞耻心。
The true color of anything government October 5, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Health Insurance, Obama, Obamacare, Politics.
add a comment
When government is at work this is what you will likely find:
•. 99% of Obamacare applicants hit a wall.
That’s after three years to get it ready.
More disasters to come.
Let’s put Obama on Obamacare. Let’s add Pelosi, Reid and every Congressmen and Senators who voted in favor of Obamacare on Obamacare.
Since they created the system from scratch it has to be good enough for them. It is only fair.
Don’t you think so?
We haven’t started counting the costs yet.
Politicians in America are equally bad. Their political future and their re-elections are more important than the future of the country. Deficit spending is good for their constituents and their districts. Debt is other people’s problem. As long as they bring pork home, they will get re-elected. This is how they are being judged.
Such is democracy. It is a bad system.
40, 29 and 50 September 27, 2013Posted by hslu in Congress, Economics, Health Insurance, jobs, Obamacare.
Tags: Government, Health Insurance, Insurance, Internal Revenue Service, IRS, ObamaCare, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
That’s all you need to know about Obamacare‘s impact to you if you work for a small business:
1. You will work 29 hours per week instead of 40 in the past.
2. Your employer will keep the headcount below the magic 50 number. No expansion. No new hires. No health insurance to you.
You are on your own starting January 2014.
According to some estimates, IRS has hired at least 4,000 more new agents to do just that and you don’t have to worry for them. They have health insurance from the government (that’s you and me; thank you very much.) and it’s not Obamacare.
Obamacare Is reserved for us whether you like it or not.
Watch out, doctors! Your payments from the government will come down as dust settles in a year or two. You thought dealing with the insurance companies is bad. Just wait for the forms from Obamacare. You have to justify this charge and justify that procedure. You’ll have to wait for approval before operating on your patients too.
Eventually, private health insurance companies will cease to exist because they won’t make enough money when they have to compete with the almighty government.
That’s just the way it will be.